Whether you are new to Irving, Texas, or simply want to change dentists, finding a new provider is not always easy. We hope the tips provided in this blog will help you feel confident that Cool Breeze Dentistry is the best choice.
Here is What the American Dental Association (ADA) Recommends
Your search for a new dentist starts with gathering referrals from family, friends, co-workers, and other associates. You can also ask your insurance company for a referral to a local dentist that is within its network. If you have an established relationship with a dentist and are moving to Irving, ask for a referral from your current dentist. Another place to obtain referrals is at the ADA website or your state dental board.
After preparing your list of potential dentists, you need to narrow down your choice to a few possibilities by asking these questions:
- How much education do the dentists have? Do they pursue continuing education every year?
- Where did the dentists in the practice go to dental school? What was their class placement? Did they complete any externships?
- What are the hours and location of the dental practice? Are they convenient for your schedule and home or work address?
- Do the dentists focus on preventive dentistry to ensure oral health issues do not happen in the first place, or are they more inclined to wait until a condition has progressed to offer treatment options?
- Is the dentist in-network with your dental insurance provider?
- Does the dental practice offer emergency care outside of regular business hours?
- Can you obtain information about fees and payment plans before scheduling treatment?
- What types of anesthesia do the dentists use to ensure you are comfortable during your appointment?
Answering the questions on this list should narrow the list of possible new dentists considerably. You may need to schedule an appointment at more than one dental practice to discover the one that is right for you.
What to Look for When Visiting a Dental Practice
First impressions are everything, and you can trust what you see. When you walk through the door of a new dental provider for the first time, does the office look neat and orderly? Do surfaces appear clean? Has the staff taken adequate precautions to prevent the transmission of communicable illnesses like COVID-19? If you do not feel comfortable with how the office appears, it is probably not the right dental practice for you.
You also need to pay attention to whether the staff is attentive to you and answers your questions to the best of their ability. A patient should never have to wait when checking in while dental receptionists finish a personal conversation. You also should not have to wait more than 10-15 minutes past your appointment time to see a dentist. Dentists should ideally be on time for appointments, but we understand situations arise outside their control.
Cool Breeze Dentistry Wants to Be Your New Provider in Irving, Texas
Dr. Satvinder Kainth and his staff are excited to begin working with you. Please contact us with additional questions or to request an appointment.